Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change the serpentine belt on my 2003 Kia Sedona?

The manual has no info for me. I need to know how to and something with a diagram would be nice. From visual inspection there are two seperate belts close in area. Are there two serpentine belts or is one of them something else? They look the same just wrapped around different things. I'm not just a girl and I want to take care of my own vehicle but I am lost about this and I could use some info. I do not want to take my mini into some shop so they can charge me an arm and a leg for something I'm sure I can do. Any valid info would be helpful, I have searched the internet with no progress, except I did find this place. Thanks.How do I change the serpentine belt on my 2003 Kia Sedona?
Wanna try yourself?



Register here:

http://www.kiatechinfo.com/index.asp



Kia and hyundai are the only manufacturers that give their service manuals free online.. after registering, you will have the same info as a dealer tech.. just go look for it under engines



those things use two seperate belts to run all the accessories (usually one is alternator and power steering, the other is for the a/c) and will require both to be replacedHow do I change the serpentine belt on my 2003 Kia Sedona?
Change them both. Just put a socket or adjustable under the automatic tensioner and they pop right out; do the opposite to put the new ones in. I thought those things had a 100,000 mile warranty. What, no service plan? shame on you; you didn't trust Toyota.How do I change the serpentine belt on my 2003 Kia Sedona?
Go to your nearest Auto Zone or Napa etc they will give you a diagram and explain how to replace the serpentine belt. Trust me just went through that about 6 months ago. Not fun!!How do I change the serpentine belt on my 2003 Kia Sedona?
belts usually not covered by a service plan, but I could be wrong.



I would start off talking to a mechanic, Just talking, explaining your problem (take the car with you) let them know you want to do it yourself. If no one will talk with you, (not at you) then find someone that will. there are a lot of honest mechanics around. Get some pointers, If you came to my shop I would just help you, proud of you for wanting to do it yourself, (good customer relations) My older daughters learn at there own speed, and I help them when needed. Give it a try. These belts can be a bit tricky, I have seen grown men almost cry when they come to me and say they cant get the belt back on,%26quot;its to long now%26quot; a little help is all that is needed. Good luck Dave