Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change the serpentine belt on my 1995 Ford Explorer?

I need to replace the serpentine belt on my Explorer but am on a seriously low budget. I'd like to save money by doing it myself. I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but I need someone to help explain to me how it works at least once. I've been unable to find the proper info for this on the web.



I would like to avoid going to the library and looking it up there if I could possibly get some help here on the net. Thanks!How do I change the serpentine belt on my 1995 Ford Explorer?
First go and buy a repair manual at a parts house, and see what it takes to do this. Can just look at it and see if you can do this. Also can go to the library and check out the book as well, thats alote less expensive. Some of these take special tools and might not be your cup of Tea.How do I change the serpentine belt on my 1995 Ford Explorer?
First take a paper and draw up a rough scetch of how the belt is routed. you need either a 1/2 inch breaker bar, or 1/2 wratchet.

you will see the square hole on the idler pulley. If it wont move pull and push untill it will. using the wratchet I recommend a pipe or cheater pipe on it for more leavarage. You are going to have to hold down the tension with one hand and slide the belt with the other hand.How do I change the serpentine belt on my 1995 Ford Explorer?
every thing the other guy said is right except for the size its a 3/8 drive ratchet not a 1/2 inch.How do I change the serpentine belt on my 1995 Ford Explorer?
look under the hood on the radiator support. there should be a diagram showing you how it goes on.