Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change the serpentine belt in my car?

I need to change the serpentine belt in my 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT. Is there a tensioner or how do you adjust the tension on the belt?How do I change the serpentine belt in my car?
First go to the auto parts store %26amp; get u a chiltons manual that goes with that model but yes there is a Idler tenioner pulley thing u either have to put a wrench on the bolt %26amp; either push down or up %26amp; enough slack to take it off then go back with the new one as the diagram shows u how to put it back on the make sure the belt is in line %26amp; even %26amp; let off of the tensioner pulley %26amp; it will be back tight %26amp; u r ready to go!!!!How do I change the serpentine belt in my car?
The tensioner is spring loaded to automatically provide the right tension. Just turn it to release the pressure on the belt, put your new belt on, and carefully let the tensioner go back into place.How do I change the serpentine belt in my car?
Yes there should be a tesioner on it. Mechanics have a special tool, but I always just put a wrench on the tesioner and hold it over while taking off the belt. Most cars have instructions right on the radiator shroud to tell you how to replace the belt.