Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change the belt on a 01 chevy silverado?

I need to change the serpentine belt on my truck and I was wondering if anyone had any pointers on doing it.How do I change the belt on a 01 chevy silverado?
I have a Silverado, put the box end of a combination wrench on the bolt head of the tensioner (it's the spring loaded pulley up top) take a second large box end then lock it on the open end of the first for leverage. Apply pressure counter clockwise to release pressure from the belt and remove. place the new one in it's place and repeat only this time you are putting it on rather then off. You may want to draw a diagram to guide you in replacing the old ones pathe if this is your first time.How do I change the belt on a 01 chevy silverado?
Take it to the garage---1st pointer of the day. If you are asking us you have no idea what has to be done...Watch the mechanic when he changes the belt...How do I change the belt on a 01 chevy silverado?
If it is only one belt I'm sure it makes alot of turns under and over your pulleys. If you think you will not remember the route of the belt it is a good idea to take a clear picture of the belt before you take it off. Also there is an adjusting pulley, find id and loosen that, it should be all you need to loosen. If your engine has more than one, It is going to be one for your power steering and one for everything else. In that case you need to loosen the power steering pump and the alternator. good luck.How do I change the belt on a 01 chevy silverado?
there should be a diagram for it under your hood but if you dont know how to do it bring it to a mechanic and ask him to show you.