Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change a 2000 Alero Serpentine belt?

I looked around and I dont know how to release the tension of the belt. I see 2 bolts that hold the alternator in place thinking if i were to loosen the 1 at the pivoting point of alternator and removing 1 in the back I could rotate it. but alternator wont rotate.How do I change a 2000 Alero Serpentine belt?
hey!!!!dude

You don't need to do all that.



put a socket in the center nut of the belt tensioner and push it counter clock wise.

that gonna loose the belt.

remove the old one and put the new one.



P.S. You don't have the socket?no problemo, can You see that little square %26quot;hole%26quot; 3/8 by 3/8. put the 3/8 drive ratchet in itHow do I change a 2000 Alero Serpentine belt?
are u sure that it is the right belt for the what you want



check with yahoo for what you want

take care