Thursday, June 2, 2011

How much can I expect to pay to get serpentine belt replaced 2002 Ford Explorer??

I was wondering how much can i expect to pay for my serpentine belt to be replaced. I had taken it to Jiffy Lube for an oil change and they told me it had some small tears and would need replaced asap. I asked them if that was the noise i had been hearing and they said yes it could have been it. They roughly quoted me 79.99 of course thats w/o labor. Does anyone know how much I can expect to pay and any possible cheap placed in Columbus, Ohio I could take it to?



Thanks :)How much can I expect to pay to get serpentine belt replaced 2002 Ford Explorer??
Jesus Christ!! Go to any parts store. It shouldn't be more than $30. Tell Jiffy Lube to piss off! And changing the belt is relatively easy. Under the hood is a belt routing diagram. It will show you everything you need to know.

You will be charged around $45 for labor no matter where you go.



If you want to buy your own belt from place %26quot;A%26quot; and get in installed at place %26quot;B%26quot;, expect ot hear something like this: %26quot;Since thats not our part, we can't offer any warranty on the belt. If something goes wrong, we won't be able to help you.%26quot; Tell them thats fine. If you go to an Advance Auto Parts (not sure if they are up there) you will be offered 2 types. 1 has a 90 day warrany, the other (more $$$ and better) has a 1 year. You want that one. And if it does fail, you can make a warranty claim w/ Advance Auto. They don't advertise this, but its a reality.

And save yourself some money and sweettalk the parts store into helping you. If they're not busy, odds are they will help you out. I know I did